Autoimmune Thyroid Disease

An Unfortunate and Lengthy Adventure in Misdiagnosis

Where can I find a failsafe-friendly specialist in the UK?

leave a comment »

You guys in Australia have NO IDEA how lucky you are. When I see you all complaining on forums about how awful it is that some doctor has prescribed you a special diet, I can’t help but laugh.

Here in the UK, there is no Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. There is no official diagnosis. There is no standard practice, no medical specialist waiting to figure out your problem, no dietitians here to help you, no food intolerance support network.

So far, I’ve done this all on my own. I haven’t spoken to a doctor, because my past experience has left me with little trust in their capacity to help with my problems.

I’m now at the point where I think I need to talk to my doctor about my food intolerance problems but I can’t, because my doctor simply wouldn’t understand and may not believe me.

If anyone knows of a specialist medical doctor in the UK with experience in food chemical intolerance, please let me know.


Written by alienrobotgirl

19 May, 2009 at 4:29 pm

Posted in Failsafe Diary

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: